www.flickr.com
FLICKR Sweety ni Royce's FLICKR photoset

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Rosaries for Hannah

Hi to all of you.
I got to know about this amazing story through my yahoo group. I am posting a letter from the parents of Hannah, a cute and adorable little girl that can do a lot of wonderful things except for one, she can hardly breathe when she's awake and don't breathe at all when she's asleep.
Let us all extend our helping hands to Hannah's family by buying a rosary as their fund raising avenue to give Hannah her own mechanical ventilator, and to please always include Hannah on your prayers.
Please read on, other details are at Hannah's multiply account mentioned above.
Dear Friends,
Thank you so very much for helping us through all the powerful prayers you offered and all the financial support you've shared for our baby Hannah Ysabelle. It is a miracle how much strength she has drawn from your tremendous kindness, compassion, and generosity.

Through the help of families and friends, we were able to discharge her last May 17 from the hospital and transition her to home care. At long last (after almost 9 months), Hannah was finally home! Truly a dream come true for all of us. You can tell by how much Hannah's face lights up every single day in her room that she has found greater happiness at home. And we have God, through all of you, to thank for blessing our daughter with this overflowing happiness.

Hannah is now nearing her 1st birthday and is truly a bundle ball of joy. The impact that she has on both our hearts is simply overwhelming. We never knew how much love Joan and I could feel before God blessed us with Hannah. Thank you Lord for loving us so much!

It's still a long journey ahead for us. We will have our ups and downs, as all others do. But Joan and I could not ask for more. We have Hannah. We have our family. And we have you. All other things become pale in comparison. We will never be shaken in our faith. We will continue to fight the good fight for Hannah. Keeping in our hearts and minds the selfless love you all have shared to a family, who most of you, have never even met.

Again, we can never thank all of you enough for all your help. We hope that we too can be great Samaritans as you were to us. May the Good Lord reward your generosity a hundred-thousand-million fold!

You will always be in our prayers. God bless you and your families always!

Sincerely,
Carlo and Joan



My letter last October 14, 2007

Dear Friends,

Hi! I am baby Hannah Ysabelle. I was born on August 14, 2007, so I am exactly 2 months old now. I can do a lot of things that make my Daddy Carlo and my Mommy Joan very happy. I can move my arms and legs now. I can also hear the sweet voices of my mom and dad calling my name. Oh, and I drink a lot of milk now, though sometimes not the usual way. I also get tickled everytime my dad touches the soles of my feet. I smile whenever he does this. Mom and Dad doubly smile when I smile. Picture nga ng picture! Dami ko na ngang photos di naman ako celebrity!

Really, I can do a lot of things now, EXCEPT that I can hardly breathe when I'm awake, and I don't breathe at all when I'm asleep. You know why? The doctors said I have CONGENITAL CENTRAL HYPOVENTILATION SYNDROME (CCHS). This means that the nerve center that is supposed to make me breathe is not functioning now. The doctors had to cut a hole on my throat, put in a TRACHEOSTOMY TUBE and attach it to a RESPIRATOR to keep me breathing. I also have a feeding tube through my mouth, off and on, because I can't swallow well sometimes. I feel so uncomfortable with all these tubes attached to my body. And I can't help crying out in pain everytime the nurses suction my tubes to clear my passages.

The doctors said this syndrome occurs only in about 1 out of every 1M newborns. This means God gave normal, healthy breathing to 999,999 other babies, but not to me. WHY? I don't know! Good girl naman po ako and my parents are also very kind people. You know, everytime I look around in the nursery and see the other normal babies without any tube attached to them, the more I feel the pain and loneliness of being the "one" in this statistic. I have been in the neonatal ICU's of two hospitals almost since birth. I'm supposed to bring joy and hope to my parents. Instead, I sometimes feel the anguish and grief in their hearts.

I thank God for the life He gave me. I know He loves me so much, but I also want to have a normal, healthy life. I want to feel the warm hugs and kisses of my mom - just like other babies. I don't know how much more pain my parents and I can endure.

Please pray for me. Please pray that God will finally give me the complete healing and the healthy lungs that I need, sana before Christmas. I want to go home na! You know what, if God completely heals me, I'll be a Pink Sister when I grow up. Promise!

God bless you all!

Asking for your prayers,

Hannah Ysabelle S. Cordoviz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home