www.flickr.com
FLICKR Sweety ni Royce's FLICKR photoset

Monday, April 24, 2006

Year after we say...

'Yes I do.'

It's been a year now since hubby and I promised before God, family members and friends, that we will love each other in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do us part. A year full of happiness. And sadness. And Wonderful memories. And trials. And unity.

To celebrate our first anniversary as husband and wife, we hear mass at Divine Mercy Shrine where we found ourselves down the memory lane... back to our wedding day.

~~000~~


Each night, before we sleep I always ask my sweet if he is happy with me. And I am always almost excited to hear him say 'yes dear i love you'. I just wish he will say these words more often, he he he.

~~000~~

Our first few months together as husband and wife is full of adjustment. I'm not used to have a sleeping buddy who is snoring, but now it is music to my ears. He only have to think of himself when payday comes, now he has to think of utilities. I only wash my own undies, now there are briefs in the basin. Ngiii! Before, he doesn't cook. Now, he prepares dinner for us since he's the first one to come home. And I am grateful kasi pagod na ko pag uwi ko ng Bulacan ( as if hubby is not he he he). And grateful still because hubby assigned himself to be our "house cleaner". Yep, you read it right folks. He's more into it than me. Cleaning is his territory, weekend cooking is for me. Don't get me wrong, hubby is not 'under de saya'. He said he is doing all those things because he doesn't want to tire me (because I will be doing something else afterwards, you know that thing, he he he), isn't that sweet?

Kidding aside, my hubby understands what division of labor is, and he's not ashamed to do those stuff. And I am proud!

~~000~~

There maybe times when we have some misunderstanding, and even sleep not facing each other, as in deadmahan kami. Oh well sige na nga most of the time dine-deadma ko sya because of ... wait... ano nga ba? Wala lang. You know, for no valid reason at all. But slowly, we, okay okay ... I have adjusted to those petty things.

~~000~~

There are also nights when I cried myself to sleep, not because we argue or fight over something. It's more of a longing to have something else to do. Yes, it's been a year now, and I still don't know when the next big thing will happen. If you are a regular on this blogsite, I know you know what I mean. We almost have it, but then again, I cannot complain. God allowed those things to happen because He has better plans for us. For now, we are allowing ourselves to baby each other and patiently wait for wonderful things to unfold.

We may not have everything we want, nor a perfect honeymoon vacation to brag about, nor the perfect set-up newlyweds dreamt of, but we have each other to cuddle, to love and to hold, and I think that is more important.

I love you sweet and happy anniversary!


~~000~~


'Sweet yung sinaing mo kumukulo na!'


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home